Sunday, 7 April 2019
Monday 13th May at 6.45pm
Killisick Community Centre
Our next meeting will not be on the first Monday of the month as that is Early May Bank holiday. So we will be meeting on the following Monday 13th May.
As we have not had a Knit and Natter for a while we thought we would have one for our April meeting. So please bring your hand yarncraft work in progress for a relaxed meeting. As usual we will also have our 'Show and Tell' as we all love to see what different people have recently made.
We expect to have the new (to us) knitting machine cabinet delivered and set up with the club knitting machine so we can also spend time with individual knitting queries and concerns.
Finally we would like to do a little planning and consultation for our programme for the rest of the year, so please put your thinking caps on and maybe come with a few ideas.
|Not a meeting, but a reminder that the Nottingham Machine Knitting Show is taking place at West Park Leisure Centre, Wilsthorpe Road, Long Eaton, NG10 5AA. We will be having a stand at the show, and hope to see you there.|
For more information and directions click this link or paste https://machineknittingmonthly.net/news/nottingham-knitting-show-2018/ into your web browser.
Monday, 11 March 2019
Sue Booth gave another extremely interesting talk on embellishments for our knitting. She covered:
- Fake cardigan bands - knit a jumper and add a band to the front to give the appearance of a cardigan. Basically, these are 'hems', and one of the techniques Sue showed us incorporated a small stocking stitch 'roll' that hid the sewing line.
- Knitting in small bobbles.
- Adding small strips - splashes of colour over 7 or so needles (and as a bonus, no ends to sew in!).
- Knitting cording in various ways to apply to surface of the knitting.
- Various 'painting' methods, including using permanent markers.
- Adding 'foil' by gluing it to the fabric.
We covered a lot in a short space of time, and as always, Sue brought a large number of samples with her - both of garments that used the various techniques and of small swatches.
Thursday, 31 January 2019
Alison will be giving us a presentation about how to incorporate beads into your machine knitting. So new ideas a plenty to set off another new knitting year. There will be plenty going on and also news to absorb. Hope many can make it if the weather is not too severe.