- Fake cardigan bands - knit a jumper and add a band to the front to give the appearance of a cardigan. Basically, these are 'hems', and one of the techniques Sue showed us incorporated a small stocking stitch 'roll' that hid the sewing line.
- Knitting in small bobbles.
- Adding small strips - splashes of colour over 7 or so needles (and as a bonus, no ends to sew in!).
- Knitting cording in various ways to apply to surface of the knitting.
- Various 'painting' methods, including using permanent markers.
- Adding 'foil' by gluing it to the fabric.
We covered a lot in a short space of time, and as always, Sue brought a large number of samples with her - both of garments that used the various techniques and of small swatches.