Monday, 1 March 2021
Good, bad or ugly, send your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org (or to Alison) and we will post them here so we can continue to enjoy our craft together.
As seems typical these days, the jumper I've been knitting went to the recipient the day before the meeting, but this time I remembered to take a photo.
A fairly basic tuck stitch, but with the knit side as the right side. Based on StitchWorld 306, which in the book is pale green, yellow and pink blocks with black/grey dividers up the entire pattern. I had stronger colours, but then it was a bit much... so I did more of the jumper in plain dark green. Thomas had picked his own colours (wanted a green jumper with other colours - but needed persuading that pink chenille possibly wasn't the best thing to include!
I'm pleased with it. It's in 2 strands of 2/30, MT5. The body of the jumper is fine (fine but 'feels' good, which is what I wanted as we move towards spring) but I think with hindsight I could have done with a slightly firmer ribbing at the bottom (cuffs are fine).
Thursday, 4 February 2021
Helen missed our meeting on Monday but has sent a photo of something she has made for our virtual 'show-and-tell'.
I have attached a photo of something I made this month. It is a square of double crochet in DK wool with the pattern cross stitched on top, again in DK yarn.
I've attached the photo of it in position, with a slightly larger version just of the square.
Monday, 1 February 2021
Jean has sent me a photograph of a cardigan she has made for her great-granddaughter (as she said, just a little late for Christmas). Isn't it lovely? I particularly like the button band. Jean has also sent a photo of the card she used.
|And the punchcard|
Monday, 20 July 2020
I’ve still not knitted an actual garment on a knitting machine, but I have bought another machine.
I bought a complete heap of a Brother 710. After much scrubbing I managed to knit a few rows, but it was still misbehaving. I took it to bits a bit further, and have now got the push buttons working properly - it was selecting the needles almost randomly. There was a screw out of place in the module of the pattern selecting which was a pig to remove and almost as bad to replace.
The machine was sold as almost a pile of parts ,but I have sourced most things I needed for it, but I still need a couple of bits. I need a top cover/lid for it as the one it came with was for a KH864. If anyone needs a lid for a KH864 they are welcome to it.
I would also like to source a ribber for the 710 as I have the connector carriage thingy, some ribber weights and the screws to attach the ribber. If anyone has any 710 bits they would like to sell I would be interested. Here are a couple of photos of the state it was in and the fluff that came out of it !
Friday, 3 July 2020
Tuesday, 23 June 2020
I used a Marion Nelson pattern and a punchcard I found in my stash. The yarn is 2/30s acrylic also in my stash. I like the turquoise mix which has ‘bright’ acrylic giving it a sheen.
The body is a bit long, it’ll keep her kidneys warm. It’s difficult to get a proper fitting at present with not seeing her as much and then not been able to get close enough to measure the bits I need. Of course I didn’t do a tension square.